Friday, July 31, 2009

Traveling in Oregon: Salt Creek

Well here we are again on highway 58. If you've looked at my other "Traveling in Oregon" blogs, you might notice a pattern here. I seem to only travel to the coast, or up/down highway 58.
That being said, Salt Creek. This river winds it's way down from Salt Creek Falls, which is waaaaaaaaaay up on top of highway 58, and meanders its way down until it turns into the Willamette river.
This was one of the few times I've actually got to stop and take pictures. It was hot, I was cranky, and luckily the husband wanted to fish. The temperature was about 20 degree's cooler down by the water. And so green. I love the smell of green. And water. Most of Salt Creek looks like these pictures. It's really worth the time to pull over wherever you can, walk down and enjoy such beauty. I used to have a video so you could hear the sound of the creek rushing by. If I find it I'll post it!
(don't forget that you can click on each picture if you want to see it bigger)














































No comments: