Friday, April 10, 2009

No Dye Gorgeous Easter Eggs


I know it might be a little late for you to try this out, but I just had to share it...maybe next year?
"Dying" Easter eggs, without all that messy dye! Aren't they pretty? (Yes, I snitched the photo, but since I'm directing you over to the original website, I thought it would be ok) I found this over at GoodyBlog, and while I haven't tried it, I'm sure there are alot of moms out there that would appreciate a little less mess and time in the kitchen.
(My kids are in their 20's, so unless you can dye a beer can, it ain't gunna happen.)
Instead of dye, you use silk ties! You can get those at any discount store like Goodwill, or St. Vincent De Paul for about a quarter. So cheap, and easy.
Here's what you will need:

-Silk ties
-Eggs (I have to assume uncooked eggs, since you will be boiling them for 25 minutes)
-White rags (like an old t-shirt or sheet)
-Rubber bands
-Household Vinegar

Head on over to GoodyBlog for the rest of the directions..I don't want them to think they aren't special. It looks really simple. I'd love to hear from you if you try this out!
Happy Easter :)
NOTE!!! I just found another site that used the GoodyBlog no dye eggs, and it says do not eat the eggs after they are finished!!!! Shouldn't they tell you that right off? Apparently the dye's in the ties could be toxic. Good thing to know.

No comments: