Saturday, March 28, 2009

Who The Heck is Secret Smile?


I was thinking the other day, that if anyone who visits me here and happens to check out my profile will see my old webpage under contacts. Well, if you click to go there, you might be a little confused, because it says The Home Of Secret Smile. Well, who the hell is Secret Smile? I thought you were DJ?! Well, I am, and I am also Secret Smile.
Let me explain. For 14? years.. (I can't remember anymore!) I have been visiting a chatroom called Beauty's Castle. I know...14 years! How pathetic. But it used to be the most fun on the planet, and I spent hours...literally hours sitting in front of my computer chatting away with the castle "locals." I would have to stop when the old man got home from work, but only because he was pushing me out of the way so he could spend hours there too. I met so many people, and had a social life without ever leaving the house!
In early 2002 Mistress Beauty promoted me to be an "upper room" monitor. Yes, there really is a Mistress Beauty! Since this is a castle, there are many rooms to chat in....the "upper rooms" consisting of but not limited to The Square, The Pub (my fave room), The Bedroom, and The Hot Tub. The lower rooms are all Dungeon related, and not for general chat. (just in case you care to venture into the dark to visit) I loved it, and spent 3 years serving my Queen,
before having to give up my duties. Real time constraints had caught up with me, and I was unable to spend every waking minute mingling with the guests and friends.
Not that there were alot of people to hang out with after Mr. Johnny Vegas blew his cover in 2002, and blabbed.
Johnny Vegas is a very popular comedian in Brittain and was a regular visitor (anonymously of course) at one point, and then went on a popular British show called Room 101, admitting that he chatted there. Well, that's when everything went to hen shit. We were completely over run with Brits looking for Johnny Vegas. (aka: Unabashed) There were so many people logging on that it actually caused the site to crash the day the show aired. Over the next few years, nearly all of the regulars, who were mostly American, left. I made friends with alot of the Brits, and enjoyed their company, but most of them disappeared after awhile too. After everyone I knew drifted off to other parts of the Internet (without telling me where you were going I might add) I got tired of roaming the castle halls looking for someone to talk to, and dropped out of sight for a couple years.

Things are looking up though. For about the past month, I've been lurking around in the background and chatting occasionally because there are actual people visiting again!
So, if you decide to visit Beauty's, and you see Secret Smile in a room, you will be talking to me. Feel free to say hello, I'm always happy to chat with new friends :)
I'm posting the video of Johnny Vegas on Room 101 where he's talking about Beauty's Castle, because honestly, it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

No comments: