Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Rash From Hell


I have been suffering a horrible itchy disgusting rash for the past three weeks, that has spread from a little patch on my wrist, to both insides of my elbows and my eyelids. (and now....*whispers* my butt crack) The only thing I could think of was that these pesky little sugar ants that have invaded my house were sneaking in my bed at night and using me as the all you can eat buffet. No one else was being bothered, but I couldn't think of anything else it could be. My eyelids were practically swollen shut, and itched terribly.That, I thought could be attributed to allergies. But I only have summer allergies, which in Oregon, equates to July and August, then we're back to crap weather. (I put that part in because I Iike to complain alot.)
So last night while I was standing in the garage scratching myself silly while I was smoking and drinking a frosty malt beverage, I had an epiphany. I wonder if I have poison oak! I've never had it before, so I had no clue what it looks like in rash form.
I called my Dad the next day, because 2 months before, he was whacking down his poison oak bush (tree?) and got it all over him for the third year in a row. (The man never learns.) He was all cleared up before I allowed him in my presence, so didn't think anything of it. Oh yeah. It's poison oak. He's got it again from god knows what. The oils must of still been on something that he brushed up against, then I touched whatever diseased part was infected, and now I'm all gross and disgusting. Thanks for sharing Dad :)
I feel better knowing what it is now though, and I look great in calamine pink. (That one spot under my eye makes me look especially hot when I have to go out in public.)
I'm not sure what to do about my eyelids though. I heard you can use alcohol, but that doesn't seem like a viable solution, as I value my eyesight.
Any fellow sufferers out there that have some advice?
Anyone?


Please?

No comments: