Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 2008

Tipsy Gypsy----->
What a hectic October. Not that I'm happy it's over, but sheesh, my food budget just can't handle all these get togethers. First my birthday, a week later a pumpkin carving party, and the best part of all Halloween! My favorite holiday! I've spent many a day shopping, decorating, planning and cooking for the festivities. And as you can see by the picture, I even had time to dress like the gypsy I am at heart. I LOVE St. Vincent De Paul...I got my whole outfit (minus the jewelry) for a mere $12.00. Beat that Halloween Outlet! My husband dressed as Lestat The Vampire, and his costume on the other hand probably cost me about $50.00 plus uber amounts of time sewing all these sparklie things on his jacket. He looked fantastic, even with my complete lack of sewing skills. Wait, did I say LeStat? Hmmm,*wandering thought process* I wonder how many visitors might pick up on that. Anyone here from Beauty's Castle??? That would be a kick.
Yes, anyway, the party went great. Plenty of food, and crazy dressed guests. Bananas, cats, bearded ladies, doctors, angels, rock stars, you name it. I do have to wonder why I decorate inside though. Everyone I know smokes, so the party immediately moved out to the garage which hasn't been cleaned since I moved here 12 years ago. ick. The spider webs were completely authentic, so who am I to complain?
It was a great night/morning, since the last guests didn't leave until 4am. Needless to say, the house was a complete wreck, and I didn't do a damn thing when I got out of bed at 3pm Saturday. I drank alot of Dr. Pepper, sat on the couch moaning, and was back in bed by 10pm. Good thing Halloween only comes once a year! Now it's time to start planning for the Thanksgiving get together. Then Christmas. Then New years. I need to win the lottery.

No comments: