Friday, November 21, 2008

Cat Pee & Feliway Treatment




The Culprits, Petunia and Sheba--------->
For those of you familiar with my blog about my 3 year old kitty girls who have a thing for peeing on my kitchen counters, and my experiment with Feliway, I have an update. For those of you unfamiliar with said kitties, and their fetish for peeing on my kitchen counters, please feel free to back up a bit and check out Counter Attack!
Or if your too lazy to do that, let's just get down to business, and get to the Feliway part all ready.
What is it? It's a pheromone spray; cats produce pheromones in three parts of their bodies. The pheromones from their cheeks give the friendly message of "Hi there, I like you, I'm happy." The pheromones that come out with their urine and feces are very different and tell other cats "Hey buddy, this is my territory." So they sell this spray called Feliway that uses the happy pheromones to use where they have been peeing inappropriately.
Does it work? YES! I am happy to say that since I started using it about 2 months ago, YES YES YES, it does. Oh thank the Cat Gods. I have only found one "accident" (and I use that term loosely) and it wasn't in the corner of the kitchen where I have been using the spray. Sadly, Sheba and or Petunia, somehow hiked her furry ass between the microwave and the full dish drainer, and let er rip. EwWw.
So now I'm spraying there too.
Just in case your wondering, the Feliway doesn't have a smell to it that us humans can perceive, and it comes in a pretty small spray bottle, (75ml) but really, that seems to be all you need. There is enough spray to last you a month. (or if your like me, more than that, because I forget to use it on occasion)
I originally found this product at Cat Faeries, and I would suggest checking them out if for nothing more than the loads of information they have on their site. As far as the price, I got the Feliway through Amazon, which placed me at Absolutely Pets and got a far better price. ($14.45) Not too shabby, considering I was probably spending that much on paper towels, Enzyme eating pee in a bottle, bleach, and therapy for the way it made me psycho every month.

No comments: