Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rusted Root

The youngest son and I were sitting around last night watching music videos on the internet, since we have no life, and I threw out Rusted Root "Send Me On My Way" for next play. I have loved that song since it came out. It was in the movie "Ice Age," when was that?
It's one of those songs that once it gets started, you can NOT be in a bad mood. I hadn't seen the video for it before, and it was just as entertaining as the song. Not for the mere fact that nothing glorious happened in it, but because it reminded me of our large group of kids when we are all hanging out together camping. Must be something in the air up there that makes you feel like you should dance around like an idiot, and feel good about it...*lol*
I would also add here, that I sang the lyrics wrong for the first 6 months after I first heard it. In the second paragraph it goes:

Well I would like to hold my little, hand
I will run I will. I will cry I will.
I would like to hold my little, hand.
I will run I will. I will cry.
Send me on my way, on my way

I heard:

Well I would like to hold my little, Lion
I will run I will. I will cry I will.
I would like to hold my little, Lion.
I will run I will. I will cry.
Send me on my way, on my way

And it stuck. Everyone sings it with "lion" instead of "hand". I think it makes it more interesting that way, more unique, more me. Now I said unique, but you heard blonde, right?





via videosift.com

No comments: