Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Feel Better Campaign: Day 3

Today is day 3 of my Campaign to Make Me Feel Better.
This entails taking my multi-vitamins everyday. My calcium chewie, (which tastes like ass) my echinacea and vitamin C to build up my immune system, and my ignatia for prolonged grief, emotional upset, and sleeplessness.
(I would also like to add that it does not entail giving up my cigarettes or alcohol. A girl can only do so many things at once.)
So far so good. I've only forgotten my calcium once, and that's because as I might have mentioned - it tastes like ass.
I finally came to this Feel Better Campaign decision, because of my mother. She's the only one that can sympathize with all the crap that goes on over here, and that I am the one who takes care of every one else. I always forget, and she reminds me, that if I don't take care of myself, no one else will. If I feel like a possum being drug under an 18 wheeler, that's where I will stay.
Physician Heal Thyself!
I know these things, and yet it always takes my mom basically shaking my scruff to make me wake up and see what I'm doing to myself. Or not doing for myself. Thank you Mom...you are a rock. I don't know what I'd do without you.
I do hope by sticking to this little program, that maybe I can look in the mirror one of these days and not see some haggard old lady looking back at me.
I already eat pretty well. I am a veggie hound, prefer chicken and pork to beef, and have been on a low sodium diet for over a year.
Water is my friend, and I think I put away about a gallon a day. Hydration is important, because I know I dehydrate myself every night with beer. (I've never understood how something that is 90 percent water can cause dehydration, but then I'm no rocket scientist either.)
In doing more for me, I've also found a great site online called Sound Sleeping "sounds to promote sleep and relaxation."
They have 15, 36 and 65 minute mp3's that are cheap! I downloaded the 65 minute Harmony/Evening bonfire with alpha tones to promote stress relief for a mere $3.99. Try getting that out of a store bought CD.
And it is really relaxing. Even the cats love it. They all toddle into the living room when I turn it on, and promptly dive into a sun drenched area to snooze.
I plan on downloading some more when payday gets here...hey this is all about me, remember?
(and I can't feel too guilty about spending 4 bucks, right?)
Mom also wants me to start walking with her again. I told her that she is going to have to be mean and force me, because I have no desire. I'm tired and depressed, and the last thing I want to do is trek 2 miles a day and whine because it kills my hips. (That damned Fibromyalgia again)
And then restart the Tai Chi. Well, if you've ever seen a monkey doing ballet, then you've seen me try to do Tai Chi. We once spent an entire year practicing from one Tai Chi CD, and still couldn't do the whole thing right to the end.
I think we spent more time laughing at ourselves than anything. Maybe that's not a bad thing. It would be nice to laugh again.
And last but not least, I emailed a long time internet friend from Pennsylvania, and gave him my cell number. (Yep, another one of those wonderful people I met at Beauty's Castle Chat eons ago!)
He always makes me feel happy when we chat, and I miss him terribly. So, since we never get the time to connect online, well, it would make sense on my Feel Better Campaign to be able to text each other off and on and make each other smile this way.
At last I have goals.
Will I stick with them?
I want to.
I know I can't change what is going on in my life, but I can change how I deal with it.
Wish me luck :)

No comments: