Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Curse You Cookies!

I hate making cookies. I don't know why I even try. I only did today because the youngest son's girlfriend batted those beautiful brown eyes at me this morning before she left for work, and said "cookies?" I am such a sucker!
I don't make them because I possess no talent whatsoever when it comes to throwing something so simple together. It takes 5 minutes. And that's all it takes for me to screw it up. I made peanut butter, (which didn't burn, so that says something) chocolate chip, (or a chocolate chip kind of substance) and oatmeal, which has it's final resting place in the trash can. I can cook ANYTHING. Why is this so hard? I'm sure they will get eaten, since my family doesn't know that a cookie can actually taste good, but it still pisses me off.

On a lighter note, (which does not describe the rocks...er cookies I made) I got to spend some time online chatting with my buddy from Nebraska! We don't get to chat much anymore since his wife now has a home based business, and doesn't know about me. Now don't get all OOOOOooo...because it's not like that! Nothing sordid goes on, we just have a good time talking about the places we live, where we'd like to go, what the weather is like, hobbies, etc. etc.
I guess we've known each other about 5 or 6 years now. Someday I will have to think back on that. We met at a chatroom called Beauty's Castle, and have kept in touch ever since. Yes, Beauty's Castle is a real place, and maybe tomorrow I'll blog about that, since I spent about 11 years of my life there wearing out my keyboard. Ah, the good ol' days.
Anyways, we leave each other posts, but haven't actually had a one on one chat in about 6 months. He's just one of those people that you can pick up where you left off and not feel awkward. And an awesome cook to boot. (I bet HIS cookies are good) He had a web cam when we talked regularly, and I would watch him while he cooked dinner for him and his wife, or make these awesome desserts. Might sound kind of boring, but I thought it was fun. It was like watching The Food Network, only live!
Ah, more of the good ol' days.
Time to end this and start my own food network challenge: dinner.
Thank gawd I am at least a capable cook...I curse you cookies!

No comments: