Tuesday, August 12, 2008

He's Quitting

So, the job thing finally came to a head last night. I suppose I knew it was coming...it just seems so final now, and it scares me. Yesterday when the hubby came home he asked if he should just suck it up and get his CDL to conform with the chaos, or quit. I told him if he was unhappy and it wasn't something he wanted to do (which he doesn't) then he should quit. He then retorted with welllllllllllllllllll, maybe he would give it a go and see if it works out. This I expected. Later on that night he had changed his mind. He was worried that I wouldn't stay with him if he was making less in the job market (which it will be less, and no I wouldn't leave him for that) He's been there for 12 years, gets 4 weeks of vacation, and makes enough money that we pay all the bills on time and get to goof off on occasion.
This also struck a nerve with me that of course your going to quit...I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to finally getting some health insurance after all these years. I found the policy I wanted last week, and was thrilled that I would soon be getting this rotten uterus out. And my vision checked. And my teeth fixed.
Sometimes It's not easy being the lighthouse, all perched on the rocky shore being strong. I'm not a complainer, and i know we can make it work. We've done it before, and it's important to me that he's happpy with what he's doing. He spends more time at work than he does at home, and really.....It's become a huge issue with all the shop talk..er bitching about how much he hates it right now.
I would love to have a conversation that revolved around something happy for once.
Like my rotting uterus.

No comments: